[lbo-talk] Dobbs on Democracy Now

Alex Hogan alexmhogan at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 06:30:00 PST 2007

When she gets a Greenspan or Lou Dobbs to come on her show, she too often acts like she is a college protester who has just cornered some bad guy who came on campus and she only has a minute to confront him with his crimes before she gets dragged off by security.

I mean, Dobbs and Greenspan volunteered to come on her show; that already wins them a little sympthathy from me despite their evilness. I am generally curious what both of them might say to a leftist political critique. When Firing Line used to have Mike Harrington or anti-war leaders on, William Buckley didn't try to corner them with poorly researched gotcha questions. > From: dhenwood at panix.com> Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:36:23 -0500> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dobbs on Democracy Now> > > On Dec 5, 2007, at 7:21 AM, Alex Hogan wrote:> > > Goodman has a hard time not coming off bad when she faces down > > political opponents. I remember Bill Clinton showed her up pretty > > good when he called her up once.> > The exchange that she & Naomi Klein had with Alan Greenspan was > embarrassing. They just didn't know enough about Greenspan or the > Federal Reserve to engage him. Klein tried to blame him for cronyism > in federal contracting, an area over which the Fed has no > jurisdiction, and for the collapse of Russia, something that > Greenspan was only a marginal player in.> > Doug> ___________________________________> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk _________________________________________________________________ You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGLM