[lbo-talk] Dobbs on Democracy Now

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 09:10:47 PST 2007

I was going to look this up, but Mark beat me to the punch. Amy makes <$60K per year with no benefits. Hell, Stone Philips' makeup artist probably makes more than that. I haven't seen the Dobbs thing yet, and there are certainly some times that this show isn't up to par. (The interview with Naomi Wolf was the bottom of the barrel - but the only solution there would have been not to invite her). But think of the stories she follows like the Maher Arar story (when no one else does), throw in having been beaten half to death in East Timor, and the grueling round of doing the show day after day while simultaneously logging untold travel miles etc. - it all makes the woman pretty much a national treasure in my book.