[lbo-talk] Iowa: Caucus of the Future Approaching!

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Dec 6 13:12:46 PST 2007

Iowa: Caucus of the Future Approaching!

On January 2nd and 3rd, Des Moines, Iowa will host the Caucus of the Future. Centering around an interactive exhibition of workshops, discussions and performances from anarchists and other anti-authoritarians from around the country, as well as voices from the local community, the Caucus of the Future will present alternative models of organizing and interacting with each other and our planet. Running concurrently with the Iowa Caucuses, our goal is to dream up and practice the many ways we can take power out of the hands of those who claim to represent our interests, be they elected or unelected, and redistribute it into our own communities and our own lives.

Some workshops and discussions you can expect to see might include: Alternative Energy/Fuel, Sustainable Agriculture/Permaculture, Alternative Media, Direct Action, Self-Defense, Folk History, Bicycle Repair, Community Gardening, Consent, Gift Economics, RNC Consulta, Urban Exploration, Community Organizing, Alternative Education, and much more.

Please visit www.caucusofthefuture.com for more info on getting involved and an updated schedule.

Don’t abdicate your power to so-called representatives—take responsibility for the ways you can change the world yourself.

DONT JUST VOTE--GET ACTIVE!