[lbo-talk] Run for the border

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Sat Dec 8 11:17:39 PST 2007

Mike Ballard suggests:
>But if you're over 45 (the skills needed qualification cuts off at that
>age) and not rich, best to get married. There are a lot of lovable Aussies.
>Get on a plane.

Yes, well, women are faced with having to get married to get health insurance here, too. It's a time-honored method for keeping females in line.

Bill Bartlett:
>That said however, the standard of universal health care has been
>undermined a bit by 11 years under a Howard Liberal government.

In the interests of self-preservation, you Aussies should be encouraging our fight to eliminate private health insurance companies here in the U.S. because, fattened on our blood, they're coming for your system next all armed with stories of terrible waits and how the public system spends too much tax money on the undeserving sick.

Jenny Brown </HTML>