[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 13:43:03 PST 2007

--- "Mr. WD" <mister.wd at gmail.com> wrote:

> may be, that doesn't change the fact that churches
> impose the same
> types of burdens on neighborhoods as many other
> businesses. Yet
> churches seem to get a free pass.

[ws:] Amen :) They are exepmpt form a lot of things from taxation to reporting to the IRS (as all other nonprofits have to do), from zoning regulations and from traffic laws. There are four ratfuckers within two blocks from where I live - they genreate noise and trash all the time, and the church goers park wherever they see it fit, including under "no parking" signs and hydrants. One time I called the police, a parking officer showed up and guess what - she left the scene without issuing a single citation. When I saw that, I stopped her and asked why she did not cite the cars that were obviously parked illegally. She replied that she was not authorized to cite these vehicles. I am pretty sure it is a law enforcement policy to give these ratfuckers a break.

Churches are a major drain on city resources without contributing a single penny in the form of taxes. Bars and live entertainment facilities at least pay taxes. But complaining about churches to anyobe - city officials, cops, or even neighbours is pointless.

This is a fucking god's country, one nation under dog.. errr.. god, people immediately start treating one like a crackpot as soon as one starts saying anything bad about churches.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs