[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 10 13:49:51 PST 2007

Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> I did mind when the stupid fuckers parked in front of my driveway.
>>

> Why did you call the zoning department when you should have called the
> police?
>
> /jordan

Many of us in the neighbourhood called the police and they referred us to zoning. The police actually refused to ticket cars parked in front of driveways and told us to "speak politely to the offenders when they get out of church." As if we have nothing better to do than wait a few hours for their silly rituals to end. A ticket would have been a much better deterrent. We had a very active neighbourhood organization and were successful in keeping the elementary school open and getting the speed limit lowered along with having a traffic calming intersection medium placed on one particularly busy street. It was a very effective neighbourhood organization, one of the best in the city. When it came to church related problems it was a different matter. No municipal entity wished to pursue the matter and we were all politely told to "get used to it once a week". I have a difficult time imagining this was an aberration. You are apparently not very familiar with the lower Midwestern states and their love of churches.

John Thornton