[lbo-talk] AP: "Suburban sex parties draw complaints"

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Mon Dec 10 15:59:48 PST 2007

will it make anyone happy to know that, as kids, when the county fair was held, near my house, we used to charge people $1 to park on the property of the four room little red schoolhouse (latter day saints or something, can't recall) in the neighborhood.

That lasted for about 4 years until, one Saturday, the school principal decided to risk proximity to such a worldy event and stopped by the schoolhouse to find us raking in the cash.

we were just kids and had no idea. it was a neighborhood institution, making money off that schoolyard for parking spaces every summer. the kids older than us did it, and the kids before them, and the kids before them, stretching back to bachelor Uncle Jimmy's day. heh.

so get yerself some plastic drums John and some orange police tape or something and block off your driveway so no one can park there. Have a sign made, "Stay out of my driveway, mutherfuckers!"

heh.

oh, and speaking of, one day I was a little lost in a suburban neighborhood back in LimpDick. We turned around, using someone's driveway. A woman, who had an Eastern European accent, came out screaming at us for daring to do such a thing.

She: "You just turn around in driveway. Like dis?"

Me: "Yeah."

She: "You just drive into other people's drive way. What are you thinking?"

Me: "People make wrong turns and use driveways to turn around and go the other way. It's normal."

She was utterly flabbergasted that anyone thought they could just use her driveway and turn around. Her property, damn it. Apparently, in Eastern Europe, the driveway's scared or sumpin'.