[lbo-talk] Run for the border

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 17:44:30 PST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 1:18 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> [WS:] Do you mean Canada? You do not need nursing qualifications - any
> professional qualifications will do. I think that most people on this list
> would qualify based on their point system:
>
> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

And if you don't meet that, there are other ways: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/index.asp

Investor: you have $800,000 and put half of it in a Canadian business.

Entrepreneur: $300,000, a business plan that has you running a

business and employing Canadians, and a CV that makes it

plausible.

Self-employed. Show that you have supported yourself as a musician, artist, photographer etc for two years, produce a plausible business plan for doing that in Canada, and show that you have whatever resources that plan requires.

-- Sandy Harris, Nanjing, China