[lbo-talk] Antinomies of pure reason (was Re: Shakespeare)

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Tue Dec 11 03:49:13 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:53 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007, at 10:31 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>> But forward movement does require
>> getting rid of both the homonunculus and the cartesian 'soul.'
>
> I don't think I disagree, but why? What's gained? Doesn't it make us
> all seem like bots? Not that we aren't, but still.
>
> Doug

Or, as one native of Kaliningrad had it, what seems a necessary truth of pure speculative reason seems an impossibility of pure practical reason. Which is as good an excuse as any to make it categorically imperative that you all go out and watch this new attack ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-cmNdiFuI

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com

"Il n'est pas facile d'affranchir ceux qui vénèrent leurs chaînes." --Voltaire