[lbo-talk] Contradiction

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 11 04:56:41 PST 2007

Eubulides wrote:

> See his "Bright Air, Brilliant Fire", "Neural Darwinism" and "The Remembered
> Present"
>
> Be forewarned, your head will hurt while you read them and for many years
> after as well.

I've read _Invention of Memory_*, based on the second of these -- that's why the name caught my attention. I'll have to look up the others. "Remembered Present" sounds like more on Neural Darwinism.

Carrol

*Can't remember the author just now, though I've reread the book several times. Neurology seems relevant here: for about 10-15 years I've had increasing inability to retrieve proper names from memory. Once back in '98 or so I was writing a post and wanted to refer to Edmund Burke -- I had to grab an anthology off the shelf to check for his name. I've _taught_ Burke. I could remember even the typestyle of the title in my copy -- but I couldn't remember the name.