[lbo-talk] Joss Whedon, union militant

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 11 10:53:41 PST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 1:04 PM, Jerry Monaco wrote:

> I think that the importance of this strike is underestimated by
> traditional
> leftists.

According to the BLS, the strike affects about 4,000 workers. Insofar as "traditional leftists" think in the millions, 4k ain't bupkes. And, you know, they work with words, not things. Some of them make good money, and those that don't can always go to law school. And Hollywood is a debased place that fills our heads with false consciousness anyway. So fuck 'em.

I don't believe any of that, and really hope the writers win - but what would the upshot be for the broader class struggle?

Doug