[lbo-talk] IQ & race, again

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 12 12:10:46 PST 2007

Why is still alright to make fun of men and penis size? It is not considered tremendously acceptable to make jokes about women having small breasts is it? I mean more and more boys are being born with undersized genitalia and this is considered a real problem. At the very least any man who has worries about penis size is simply mirroring a socially constructed concern. It isn't an unusual worry by a relatively small number of narcissists. Do we ridicule women who worry about breast size? Weight? Body hair? Odors? If not why do we ridicule men with similar worries?

While the vagina is certainly elastic circumferentially it is less so longitudinally. A long penis can be a problem for both men and women. Not many women enjoy the feeling of a penis ramming into their cervix. Irrespective of Roseanne's pithy comment many women consider it quite painful. If you have a long penis you must constantly be wary of this during sex. I guess Roseanne never experienced this.

A short penis makes rear entry sex difficult and probably makes other positions problematic. A short penis frequently "falls out" during coitus. Why would it be irrational for a man to be concerned about this?

I guess I just don't see the humour in a man worrying about his penis length or girth. Maybe I'm just not funny? I get the feeling many men enjoy this particular joke because to laugh about it "proves" THEY don't have a small penis. If you point out the "unfunny" nature of the joke then obviously you are one of those with a small dick.

John Thornton