[lbo-talk] future generations

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 13:18:11 PST 2007

WS wrote:

>People want to feel
>safe and secure, and if you disrupt that sense of
>safety and security (no matter how false,) people will
>likely reject you and your message.

In 2004 a proposition to reform California's three strikes law was winning by a two-thirds margin until an 11th hour effort by the Governator turned the tide. Schwarzenegger created fear where there was none a few days before. The measure was supported by the coastal areas, where the supposedly crime-ridden cities are, and defeated by small town inlanders. This fear-mongering has been standard operating procedure for decades now and it's changed the face of the country. You're saying we should concede to it.

Feh.