[lbo-talk] Colo. Church Gunman `hated Christians'

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:37:22 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 8:31 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> With Murray for a last name and "a distinguished neurologist" for a
> father, my money's on militant secularism. Anyone wanna bet to the
> contrary?

When you're wrong, you're wrong:

Steve Mariner, the president of Denver's occult group Ad Astra Oasis, says Murray attended group meetings for about a year before being asked to leave in September.

Ad Astra Oasis is an officially chartered body of the Ordo Templi Orientis, a ceremonial magic order based on the teachings of English poet and mystic Aleister Crowley.

"He was a mostly quiet, geeky young man," Mariner said of Murray. "He was a skinny little kid. He was your typical I-like-college-over-cars type. He was a voracious reader, as far as I could tell. I never heard him raise his voice."

Mariner said the group of about 15 people realized over time that Murray was not fitting in.

"It seemed like he needed some time to back off and evaluate himself," he said. "We could summarize it as saying the personalities were not a good mix."

Mariner said he was shocked when he learned Murray was the shooter.

"You are sitting there having a conversation with someone ," Mariner said. "We all have our little personality quirks, but you don't appraise them of being someone who would go off and do something this atrocious."

http://origin.denverpost.com/news/ci_7696043