[lbo-talk] future generations

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 11:46:19 PST 2007

>[WS:] Where we read
>"The primary method is leafleting public spaces around
>jails, prisons, police
>stations, and courthouses to announce the group's
>existence and purpose."
>
>I always thought that prevention is better than
>treatment. Spending time with children before they
>become gangsters seems as a far more effective means
>of "reclaiming children" than lobbying for springing
>them out of jail. Parental failure is the main root
>cause of juvenile delinquency. A campaign aimed at
>families to be better parents would almost certainly
>reclaim more children than one aimed at cops or
>wardens to be better jailers.
>
>Wojtek

Who in the world do you think they're reaching out to? Who would be hanging around the places they're leafleting? They're getting in touch with people most at risk of going to jail or prison and the families of those already in. Who else hangs around courthouses, jails, and prisons?

And you leave out the next sentence about giving talks and workshops at schools, universities, churches, clubs and getting on the radio.

You really have no idea what these groups are doing. The knee-jerk reaction you display here is just the sort of thing you accuse the leftist phantoms you're always conjuring up of doing.

"You know it's a multiple choice thing with you. I don't know if you're old-fashioned, or paranoid, or just a fucking asshole. (Carmela Soprano to Tony)