[lbo-talk] hedge funds

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 17:05:30 PST 2007

>So what you mean to say is that if you can only get into a crappy hedge
>fund, you're better off with an index fund. And sure, I'll agree with
>that.
>
>But: so?
>
>/jordan

So for a long time now playing the market has been presented as if anybody can do it. Since you have a better chance of becoming one of 600 odd major league baseball players than one of a far smaller number who can beat the market, isn't it a problem to let people think otherwise?

You can say that people have to take some responsibility for being dupes, but what about turning down the hype?