[lbo-talk] martin wolf and positive sum economies

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:05:05 PST 2007

well, yeah, there's that, i guess, although it's awfully hard to argue that recessions are good, right? the bit about the upper classes extending the franchise sounded like hegemony, to me. just the kind of argument that the pain of a crisis is required for things to get right sounds like neoliberal development theory to me. which i thought we were supposed to be better than.

but i admit i could be missing something here. and i'm sick, so maybe i'm just not thinking straight. :)