[lbo-talk] AP slices, dices McCain Xmas ad

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 14:30:59 PST 2007

[More news items ought to be written this way. -B]

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/12/20/ap4463696.html

Associated Press

Adwatch: McCain's Christmas Ad Associated Press 12.20.07, 1:29 PM ET

TITLE: "My Christmas Story"

LENGTH: 30 seconds.

AIRING: Airing first Friday in South Carolina; then New Hampshire.

SCRIPT: McCain: "One night after being mistreated as a POW, a guard loosened the ropes binding me, easing my pain. On Christmas, that same guard approached me, and without saying a word he drew a cross in the sand. We stood wordlessly looking at the cross remembering the true light of Christmas. I'll never forget that no matter where you are, no matter how difficult the circumstances, there will always be someone who will pick you up. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and happy holidays. I'm John McCain, and I approved this message."

KEY IMAGES: Black-and-white POW footage shows a wounded McCain in a bed with his right arm in a cast. Then a stick draws a cross in soil as a current, black-and-white photo of McCain is superimposed. The closing shot is a color photo of McCain smiling.

[...]