[lbo-talk] Popper and Strauss

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 22 11:52:30 PST 2007

CG wrote:

However there are some scholarship questions involved S and V accused Popper of a mistaken interpretation of Plato. I don't have enough of a classics background to judge this question. I suspect it's wrong, but I am only left with an intutitive opinion that Popper's take is probably the more accurate. ***********

I suspect that the core difference is bound up with S and V's views of Plato having a much more accurate picture of reality via forms than Popper's mere empirical reality, cluttered with all those imperfections of materialism. The neo-con foreign policy ramifications are evident in Iraq, where you don't pay attention to the facts on the ground, instead you dictate the facts on the ground via your ideal of Iraq.

Mike B)

"Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.shelfari.com/o1516968161

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail