[lbo-talk] Spider_Men

John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:13:28 PST 2007

On Dec 26, 2007 5:43 PM, katherine fisher <gasinsystem at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In a move reminiscent of storylines developed during the second world war, the UN is joining forces with Marvel Comics, creators of Spider-Man and the Incredible Hulk, to create a comic book showing the international body working with superheroes to solve bloody conflicts and rid the world of disease.
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a9d5f5ee-b3ff-11dc-a6df-0000779fd2ac.html?nclick_check=1

My father bought me a Christmas gift through AAFES (the organization which handles all the Army and Air Force base exchanges) and it came with a gratis Marvel comic book (one in a series of 12, "Not For Resale") which has classic Marvel superheroes in an Iraq adventure whose moral is that our men and women in uniform are the Real Heroes.

And to think that thirty years ago the big real-world crossover for Marvel was Spidey teaming up with Planned Parenthood: http://andrewfarago.livejournal.com/16145.html

-- "The more I practice, the luckier I get." -- Ben Hogan