[lbo-talk] Chaos in Rawalpindi, Other Pakistani Cities

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Dec 27 12:49:26 PST 2007

> Riots break out in aftermath of Bhutto's death
>
> Updated Thu. Dec. 27 2007 12:49 PM ET
>
> Shyema Sajjad, Special to CTV.ca
>

> KARACHI, Pakistan -- Chaos has broken out in major cities in Pakistan,
> including the garrison city of Rawalpindi, after the assassination of
> Benazir Bhutto, chairperson of Pakistan People's Party.
>
> The buildings are being torched and there are people out on the
> streets yelling anti-government slogans, attacking vehicles on the
> road. In Karachi, riots have broken out on the streets and people are
> leaving their cars parked on the road and walking home to avoid being
> attacked.
>
> In residential areas in Karachi, such as the Defence Housing
> Authority, people are running around with sticks and stones, attacking
> cars passing by. Gas stations are being torched and there is mayhem
> among the groups who don't know whom to blame and what implications
> lie ahead for the country.

What racist slander! Clearly, the Pakistani people are celebrating Bhutto's death, only through racist Western eyes, these celebrations of freedom are called "chaos" and "riots." Take it from me, it's just racist, and if you don't think so, go watch some more MSNBC.

Err, gotta run. Pizza and hot wings just arrived.

Shuck Zilch