[lbo-talk] Adolf, Joseph's boy?

Bill Quimby wquimby at ecr.net
Thu Dec 27 15:23:07 PST 2007

Not bs according to these authors (who are reporters, by the way - not historians). If I recall, in fact, they cite Suvorov. Yes, Stalin thought (they say) that if Hitler could keep the West too busy to continue trying to thwart Communism's development, that was fine and worth supporting. (Evidently some German and Russian troops were on joint training exercises on the day of the invasion!). See

The deadly embrace : Hitler, Stalin and the Nazi-Soviet pact, 1939-1941 / Anthony Read and David Fisher

A good read, by the way.

- Bill