[lbo-talk] Beginning, Middle, And An End

Tim Francis-Wright tim at francis-wright.com
Fri Dec 28 07:09:38 PST 2007

John Adams wrote:
> Little Quincy is watching Sesame Street this morning, and I just heard
> a song that sounded very much like _Cloudland_/_Worlds in Collision_
> period Pere Ubu. The lyrics can be found here:
> http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/begin.html
>
> This song is incredibly cool. It could be a Talking Heads song, or
> maybe They Might Be Giants. Does anyone know anything more about it?

The animator posted the cartoon to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnoJwfnzmqA but said in the comments that he did not know who did the music. It is not They Might be Giants, however. (TMBG did do the music to the "share a story" segment that often fills the interstices between PBS Kids shows.)

--tim francis-wright "...a play so modern and so brilliant it makes absolutely no sense to anybody..." -- the Monsterpiece Theatre introduction to Waiting for Elmo