[lbo-talk] Benazir Bhutto reportedly assasinated in a suicide bomb attack

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Dec 28 13:44:00 PST 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Among the most interesting of those come from Tariq Ali, who
> considered Bhutto not only a human being, but a friend.

I've always thought that Tariq Ali was a self-important prick.

Saw him speak in D.C. several years ago. Not impressed.

OK, perhaps he is a few notches above the recycled pablum of Bob Avakian.

I read on another list that Bhutto died from blows to the head caused by

her sticking her head and upper body out the sunroof of the armored car. The people inside survived the bombing.

Have the 2007 Darwin Awards been given out yet? I think we have our first nominee who happened to be a recent and aspiring head of state.

Chuck