[lbo-talk] Guess who's funding New Orlean's public housing demolitions?

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 14:41:15 PST 2007

"Providence [Community Housing] and the AFL-CIO Investment Trust Corporation were recently awarded 196 blighted and/or adjudicated properties, as part of a major new iniative to partner with local residents/groups in planning the rebuilding of the Tremé/Lafitte & Tulane/Gravier neighborhoods. Our advisors on this project include NeighborWorks, M.I.T.'s School of Architecture, and Tulane University's UrbanBUILD.

"The AFL-CIO is also preparing to launch a comprehensive worker training and apprenticeship program in New Orleans. For more information on the AFL-CIO's committment to the Gulf Coast region, click here."

http://www.providencecommunityhousing.org/

More on the non-profit industrial complex behind the demolitions here:

"Non-Profit developer Providence Community Housing and investment capital provider Enterprise Community Partners will be able to start renovating New Orleans' Lafitte public housing development because of a unanimous New Orleans City Council vote Thursday to continue rebuilding several of the city's public housing developments."

http://www.multi-housingnews.com/multihousing/content_display/industry-news/e3ib0a0e19d738c301e401b59cef40ccaa1?imw=Y