[lbo-talk] Creeping Fascism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Dec 29 06:51:44 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:23 AM, Chris Doss wrote:

> You know, to a very great extent, life IS
> determined by forces outside of man's own self,
> his interest, his wishes.

Yeah, but it's un-American to say so. One are where the U.S. is an outlier on polls is that a large number of Americans believe that life is what you make of it, whereas people in other countries think that one's life is mainly shaped by outside forces. I wish I could find a reference for this, but a minute of Googling wasn't forthcoming.

Doug