[lbo-talk] Creeping Fascism

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sat Dec 29 12:52:18 PST 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:50:30 -0500 bitch at pulpculture.org writes:

> heh. that makes sense. and shouldn't have been surprising. and
> really, i
> don't think this applies only to geeks, upon further thought. look
> at how
> women in the US especially are raised on magazine quizzes: "what
> type of
> lover are you?" "Six types of eaters. Which one are you?" "Find out
> your
> work style in just 10 questions."

I am more interested in the seven kinds of LBO-Talk posters and how to distinguish between them on the basis of folowing questions (Please feel free to add some more, and then we can make up an index of LBO-Talk poster types, not unlike the one that the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator uses. And if anyone should object that we are just making things up as we go along, well isn't what they did with Myers-Briggs?

(1) What's your opinion of ChuckO?

(a) A self-opionated lout

(b) A genius who is leading the way

to a revival of anarchist thought anf practice

in the United States.

(c) What's a ChuckO?

(2) Doug Henwood is __

(a) One of America's top progressive economics

journalists and commentators.

(b)Some guy who never finished his dissertation.

(3) Rate the following LBO-Talk posters

1 to 5 on the basis of your judgment of

the quality of their posts.

(a) Doug Henwoord