[lbo-talk] I believe we have a winner in the cui bono contest

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Sun Dec 30 13:18:33 PST 2007

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_re_as/pakistan : NAUDERO, Pakistan - Benazir Bhutto's 19-year-old son — a student with no political experience — was named symbolic leader of her party Sunday, while her husband took effective control, extending Pakistan's most enduring political dynasty.

The original version began:

Benazir Bhutto's 19-year-old son was chosen Sunday to succeed her as chairman of her opposition party, extending Pakistan's most famous political dynasty but leaving the real power to her husband, who will serve as co-chairman.