[lbo-talk] NYT hires a new hack

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 15:42:01 PST 2007

Empires in decline often do the worst damage. We are still dealing with the wreckage the Brits made in the 20th century. Israel/Palestine. Iraq, a British creation. Iran, so renamed by the Brits. Never mind Afghanistan. And let's not think about the wrack they wrought in Africa. India and Pakistan. (One might also reflect that the last Reich was the death spasm of a failed wannabe Empire.) Happy New Year! Yikes.