[lbo-talk] Benazir Bhutto reportedly assasinated in a suicide bomb attack

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Dec 28 12:08:42 PST 2007

>In any event, I'm not
>pinning her death on the Bush admin - that would be too crude.

Tariq Ali was on with Amy Goodman this morning. He said the U.S. should have at the very least provided her with a Marine guard.

^^^^^ CB: Doesn't it seem like a lot of people over there would be falling over themselves to be the one to attack a US Marine guard ?

On the way to work today, I was thinking again how many fold Bush's wars on Iraq and Afghanistan have increased the possibility of some kind of attack on Americans. I am not happy thinking that at all. It's horrifying, but isn't it true ? This non-ideological, pragmatic argument against the wars ( for pulling out now) is sadly quite potent.