[lbo-talk] Creeping Fascism

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 31 20:38:32 PST 2007

Doug posted a definition of "corporatism" from Wiki which had the following:

Corporations are unelected bodies with an internal hierarchy; their purpose is to exert control over the social and economic life of their respective areas. Thus, for example, a steel corporation would be a cartel composed of all the business leaders in the steel industry, coming together to discuss a common policy on prices and wages. When the political and economic power of a country rests in the hands of such groups, then a corporatist system is in place. ******************

Yes, this is my understanding of fascism. At the core of the fascist system is State dictated class collaboration. Fascists say that the "class struggle" is an ideology made up by the Marxists to undermine the nation. To combat this insidious ideology, the fascists dictate throught their State and law, class collaboration i.e. forcibly combining the workers and employers in corporations.

Lots of class dictatorships don't have this core fascist practice, although many edge toward it, sometimes peacefull, through law. *************

And Chris D quoted the ABC blub I posted and observed:

--- Mike Ballard <swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au> wrote: The
> Kushite king, Piye, overthrew the yoke, conquered
> mighty Egypt and established
> a 100-year rule of black Pharaohs.

I.e., about 1/30th of Amcient Egyptian history. ;)

Really I think searching through ancient history using modern concepts such as "race" as guides is a bad, bad idea. I doubt the Egyptians cared much what color a person's skin was, other than as a possible marker that so-and-so isn't from around here.

I remember I got into an argument ages ago with some guy in the States who was really attached to the idea that the Egyptians were black (that is, had the appearance one today associates with African-Americans, people of largely West African descent). His main argument was that they were Africans who had preceded Arabs, and as everybody knows Africans are Negroes. Gaagh.

I mean, the people depicted in Egyptian art do not look they came from contemporary Nigeria. Actually they look a bit like modern Ethiopians (what a surprise, considering geography). ***********************

Point of information, just to be clear, *I* don't think that there's more than one race. Obviously, there are members of the human race with differing amount of melanin.

Carry on, Mike B)

"Would you have freedom from wage-slavery.." Joe Hill http://www.shelfari.com/o1516968161

Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail