[lbo-talk] Vista

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Feb 1 10:51:51 PST 2007

On 2/1/07, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:

> Then there was a friend who worked for the RIAA several years ago, who
> told me at the time that the staff there were of the opinion that the
> industry had lost the file-sharing wars and they were just going through
> the motions.

I was never a fan of the band, but didn't the Grateful Dead at some point dump their record company and encourage their fans to share bootleg recordings? Whatever they lost in royalties was amply compensated for by revenues from live performances. It seems to me the Dead anticipated the current state of affairs.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam