[lbo-talk] Michael A. Lebowitz: Why Aren't _You_ in a Hurry, Comrade?

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Feb 1 10:55:46 PST 2007

Governments are bad enough as it is, but people shouldn't want anybody in office for 8 years or even longer. Even if they are wonderful people. I'd get tired of President Chomsky after four years.

Chavez's expansion of his authority and tenure makes one wonder if the "revolution" there is so fragile and precarious that it has to rely on one strongman staying in power indefinitely. If you can't rotate new people into office from the revolution, then don't you have a military dictatorship by default?

I'm just waiting for a continuation of the Bush-Clinton dynasty to drive more people into radical alternatives. I can't imagine what it must be like for the younger generations who have only known Presidents Clinton or Bush. I'm 41 and this system is insufferable enough. I remember when polls found that Nixon was one of the most feared and hated man in history. Now he looks like an angel after Reagan, two Bushs, and Clinton I.

Can we arrange a mass execution of media people who insist on inflicting us with all this news about the 2008 elections?

Chuck

-------------------------- Bread and Roses Web Design serving small businesses, non-profits, artists and activists http://www.breadandrosesweb.com/