[lbo-talk] Free Sex Change and Same-Sex Unions to Come in Cuba

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 1 12:29:23 PST 2007

> So all the Fidel critics who accuse Cuba of homophobia - what do you say now?

I hope it makes it past the discussion stage. As a long-term observer of heterosexuals, I always have such hope, but temper it with the knowledge of how quickly/easily their good intentions get derailed. As Sally Bowles sings in CABARET: "Maybe this time . . ."

Also, no matter what ocurs this year, these actions cannot make up for all the deaths that occurred previously: that blood never washes away. Would George Bush pulling out of Iraq erase the deaths he caused?

Until all crimes and oppressions against members of the queer nation are ceased, vigilance must never waver.

Brian