[lbo-talk] Vista

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 16:16:59 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:

> Yes, another solid reason to support file-sharing is that bands and
> musicians can still charge for live performances. The only problem
> with this is that fewer people may go out to see live music because
> they stay at home playing video games.

I'm not sure about that. The diff between live and recorded music is huge.

Last year I went to an ethnic dance/music camp, and there was a Moroccan band there that had me in tears; the lead singer was ureal. I bought their CD and have been listening to it for a year, but it's nothing like the performance. If I don't go to see live music, it's not because of video games...but just old age and fatigue.

If anyone is interested:

http://www.azamusic.net/news.php

Joanna