[lbo-talk] Re: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 38, Issue 9

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 1 17:23:29 PST 2007

> And Bryan, sweetie, I have a price tag, especially when the flatter is so fucking transparent. My kid didn't get good at gambling for nothing. He can spot a tell 'coz I can. :)

Huh? I was serious.

I keep running into the problem of explaining why people would do things without profit -- just for the good of doing it. The best I can come up with is that there might be a tendency to altruistic behavior in human beings that gets distorted in our society. But that argument is usually batted away.

Besides turning everyone into Buddhists, I am stumped at how to get them to see how serving others is the most logical path to take.

Brian