[lbo-talk] Re: lbo-talk] Listen Gore: Some Inconvenient Truths About the Politics of Environmental Crisis

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 2 04:32:43 PST 2007

Mitchel Cohen of the Brooklyn Greens / Green Party wrote:

snip

Gore never critiques the system causing the global ecological crisis. At one point, he even mourns the negative impact of global warming on U.S. oil pipelines. Oh, the horror! What it all comes down to, for Gore and the Democrats, is that we need to shift away from reliance on fossil fuels and tweak existing consumption patterns.

snip

Clearly, the vast destruction of the global ecology is a consequence not just of poor governmental policies but of the capitalist system's fundamental drive towards Growth and what passes for Development -- Grow or Die. Environmental activists won't find in Gore the kind of systemic analysis that is needed to stop global warming. Instead, we need to look elsewhere for that sort of deep systemic critique ********************

Hey Mitch,

So, the Green Party is now officially committed to abolishing the wage system?

If so, could you run some of your tactics by the list towards accomplishing that end?

Cheers, Mike B)

http://happystiletto.blogspot.com/

____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited