[lbo-talk] Windows Vista as Neoliberal Instrument

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Fri Feb 2 09:52:26 PST 2007

On 2/2/07, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> In fact, there used to be a product on the
> market called "Lindows" which was just that - a PC with Linux (plus graphic
> interface) - but it died, I guess due to insufficient demand.

No, it didn't die. Microsoft sued the company for breach of trademark, lost the suit, then paid the company $24 million to change the name to Linspire:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_vs._Lindows

Linspire still exists and appears to be flourishing but it is just the OS; you have to buy the box elsewhere.

--

Colin Brace

Amsterdam