[lbo-talk] BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ at MoMA in New York City

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 16:17:34 PST 2007

People should alsop not neglect the first filmed version, dir Philip Jutzi, 1931, screenplay by Alfred Doeblin himself:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021654/

which I think is magnificent, actually I may like it better than the Fassbinder. (Heresy, I know, but I love die alte Expressionismus.)

Nor should people neglect the book, or Doeblin, and even greater and more heartbreaking than BA is his two vol bionovel of Rosa Luxemburg's last months, A Nation Betrayed, incl. November 1918 and Karl [Liebknecht] and Rosa, one of the great tragic portrayals of revolution in fiction.