[lbo-talk] Sexpresso coffee shops take Seattle by storm

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 19:55:57 PST 2007

I was about to say that this "Sexpresso" thing should go in the Idiocracy since, as both you and Carl Rmick mentioned, in the future Starbucks has evolved into a sex shop.

However, unlike you, I think it's a good movie, albeit with some unfortunate b-movie trappings that make it see dumber than it really is.

Also on the news tonight: teens and young adults filming themselves barreling into fences to knock them over has become a kind of recreational sport for kids in New York. They videotape themselves ramming bodily into wooden fences and toppling them over, and post them to YouTube. Pure Idiocracy stuff.

-B.

Sean Andrews wrote:
> I can't remember who mentioned "Idiocracy" on the
list last week, and
> I don't mean for this mention of it to appear as an
endorsement as it
> really is a bad movie, but this post reminds me of
it. In the film,
> which takes place 500 years in the future, Starbucks
is still around,
> but it has evolved into some weird convenience
sex-shop, where a
> "latte" is actually a handjob. It's supposed to
make a statement
> about the current trajectory of US culture, but
until now I didn't