[lbo-talk] Sexpresso coffee shops take Seattle by storm

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 4 22:51:01 PST 2007

>From: Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu>
>
>I'll reserve judgment on the movie (I've not seen it yet)

Will be interested to read your reaction.

>This "everything's going to hell" trope is more or less like some
>crotchety old geezers on a porch complaining that things were better
>in "the good old days".

Hey, trope this is not! Everything *is* going to hell, and I've got the climatological data to prove it.

Apart from the planet itself falling apart, on the topic of social decline I try to defend against accusations of being a crotchety geezer by putting the blame on entropy -- that conveys a sort of thermodynamic rigor and comes across less like the whining of an old fart. Of course, since "entropy" itself has a dated, sixties sound, my defense may be self-negating.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG