[lbo-talk] Jaysus, CEO

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:53:26 PST 2007

>From: bitch at pulpculture.org
>
>At Smart Business, I see an ad for this book, Jesus CEO ...

I'm glad to hear Jesus has advanced career-wise. Years ago he was just a sales rep and PR guy.

That's the gospel according to Bruce Fairchild Barton (1886-1967), co-founder of the famed Barton, Durstine & Osborn (BDO) ad agency in 1919 and author of bestseller "The Man Nobody Knows" (1925), which "depicted Jesus Christ as a successful salesman, publicist and role model for the modern businessman."

There's every reason to believe that's the gospel truth since Barton was a descendant of the Rev. John Davenport, the founder of Yale University.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Barton>

Carl