[lbo-talk] language query

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Mon Feb 5 16:25:03 PST 2007

This reminds me of a Mafalda cartoon. One of the characters, Miguelito, has a dream in which a man dressed in business attire tells Miguelito that from now on children will no longer be called children but "developing adults" then the man celebrates be drinking whisky and smoking a cigar. Miguelito, however is not allowed either drink nor smoke since he is a "developing adult" and that will be bad for him. The man the proceeds to order him to clean his room and then go out to play. The next day Miguelito tells Mafalda of this dream saying: I dreamed we still where still the bottom of the ladder, but God what respect! I guess it loses something in the translation.

Sergio -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070205/e82ea9ef/attachment.htm>