[lbo-talk] From the "Give me a break" dept.

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 7 00:16:25 PST 2007

On 2/7/07, B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer
> 2 hours, 53 minutes ago
>
> In the sensitive post-wardrobe malfunction world, some
> are questioning whether a guitar was just a guitar
> during Prince's Super Bowl halftime show.
>
> Prince's acclaimed performance included a guitar solo
> during the "Purple Rain" segment of his medley in
> which his shadow was projected onto a large, flowing
> beige sheet. As the 48-year-old rock star let rip, the
> silhouette cast by his figure and his guitar (shaped
> like the singer's symbol) had phallic connotations for
> some.

I'm glad at least they're reporting on the non-interestingness of a playground stunt this time. So now we've learned that showing private parts is worse than making shadows off a projector light. Gotta get that straight.

Thanks, Associated Press. You've now graduated to the grade-school gossip who affects being above it all, while examining all the juicy details.

(I'm in such a bad mood right now because I saw that documentary "Cocounut Revolution," and researched the grim end of the protagonist Francis Ona. I'm glad that propaganda is a weak system of control, not too hard to punch through, but it's nevertheless so insulting...)

Tayssir