[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart and SEIU Unite

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 7 13:38:11 PST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 4:21 PM, Auguste Blanqui wrote:

> What do you think of Jacob Hacker's (and others') plan, which is to
> gradually expand Medicare in increments to include successive
> classes of people (starting, I guess, with children)? Given the
> political landscape and entrenchment of the private benefits
> system, I'm not sure how viable single-payer is, and this may be
> the most realizable for now...

That's pretty much the Conyers bill, no?

We're never going to get anywhere if we say things like "I'm not sure how viable single-payer is." It's the greatest thing since sliced bread. It'll cure hemorrhoids and dandruff and get you a date on Saturday night. It's the only thing that'll get us out of this mess. Etc.

Doug