[lbo-talk] The Fall, Buzzcocks promote Mitsubishi SUVs

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 13:47:21 PST 2007

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't remember these punk bands being hostile to debauched excess, Iggy Pop is about the age range that Carnival Cruise is aiming at, and Marc Bolan's commitment to the revolution was pretty tongue in cheek - indeed John Peel made him the archetype of a sell out in his memoirs. We are all getting older.

Jim and Wendy wrote:

> IMO the use of the
> famous Buzzcocks' song for an AARP is not quite as over the top
> as Carnival Cruise's use of Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life" in their

Here in Ireland, T Rex's "Children of the Revolution" is being used in an ad for a bank.