[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart and SEIU Unite

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 7 14:16:32 PST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 4:59 PM, Auguste Blanqui wrote:

> I'm not trying to be fatalist, but one of the frustrating things
> about PNHP and other single-payer organizations is that they seem
> to think moral and statistical suasion will eventually do the
> trick, and I don't see much strategic discussion among them about
> how to make one of the two points above actually happen.

Oh, I realize there's not going to be an outbreak of sweet reasonableness in this land we love - which is why SEIU's position is so damnably fucked up. If organized labor's not doing the heavy lifting, but instead pushing for some abominable sellout plan, we're doomed. Which is tragic, because it's not impossible that s-p could be achieved.

Doug