[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart and SEIU Unite

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 19:22:43 PST 2007

Auguste Blanqui wrote:

> What do you think of Jacob Hacker's (and others') plan, which is to
> gradually expand Medicare in increments to include successive classes
> of people (starting, I guess, with children)? Given the political
> landscape and entrenchment of the private benefits system, I'm not
> sure how viable single-payer is, and this may be the most realizable
> for now...

I agree. Everything else I've heard is just another big handout to insurance companies.

I'm really bummed because the corp I work for just moved over to BlueCross as their designated PPO carrier. But what I hear from everyone is that BlueCross sucks and refuses to pay for anything.

Goddamn it.

Joanna