[lbo-talk] WTF squared

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 10:15:36 PST 2007

Chuck wrote:

>Another painful thing that I've learned from working for this recruiter
>is how incredibly difficult it is to find work outside of your little box.

Yes, it is. That's where personal connections make a huge diff. Because people who know you understand that you have the intelligence and flexibility to handle something new. People who don't know you want the tried and true.

What I learned very early on is that there are a lot of jobs you won't get because you're overqualified and people don't want to hire someone with an attitude or someone who will be gone the second they can find a job that's a better match for their skills.

So, if you wan't a job that you're overqualified for, you REALLY have to lie on your resume.

Joanna