[lbo-talk] From Inter-imperialist Rivalry to US Hegemony to ?

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 05:35:48 PST 2007

On 2/9/07, james daly <james.irldaly at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> [...]

To be sure, many (all?) of former US imperial rivals and enemies still own colonies here and there. I was, however, thinking of change in global politics of capitalism:

from inter-imperialist rivalry

to US hegemony I (from WW2 to the early 1970s)

to US hegemony II (from the early 1970s to present).

It's possible that we are now in a period of transition from US hegemony II to a new system. Gramsci said that when "the old is dying and the new cannot be born," in an interregnum "a great variety of morbid symptoms appear." -- Yoshie <http://montages.blogspot.com/> <http://mrzine.org> <http://monthlyreview.org/>